Friday, May 7, 2010

Lets talk Macho Men

I never quite get it when a guy comes into the shop and says. . .  "I don't need gloves" of course  I look at his hands usually I notice they're dry and cracking, they're cold and worn.  But he has a wonderful leather bomber style jacket, fabulous boots either western or fashion they;re stylish.  He has neatly styled hair, he smells good, has a great watch, leather belt with a silver buckle etc.  You know all the stuff a guy needs EXCEPT soft hands.
My question to them as it is to you....  When he takes his lover by the hand what does he think they feel?  When he carresses his grandbabies face to show love what do they feel, when he carresses his child or loved one what do they feel.  Well I'll tell ya what they feel... sandpaper.
Lotion and a nice glove would go a tremendously long way when delivering that carress.
Then there is always that "finished look" discussion.
For example: The attorney, business man, David Letterman and your boyfriend that has the Black Silk suit with an overcoat and a sporting a leather brief case jumping into his BMW ... no gloves.  Same guy opening the door to a restaurant or the Lincoln Center for his guest, barehanded.... the next  gentleman same scenario opening the door with a stunning pair of italian leather gloves on...you see that and you immediatley look at the man's face knowing that HE is special. Not to mention his guests are with a man that is unique.
My man, he's a freelance cameraman, he uses his hands, he hauls a big heavy camera around, pulls cables throughout the convention floor, fixes the generator etc.  Do you think I want his scrappy hands on me after a full day? Heck no he wears his work gloves, then cahnges to his Carolina Amato cashmere gloves  when we go out to dinner.   He also has has his dailywear iphone gloves they have the patented technology, (as honored in MAC USERS magazine) that allows you to not have to remove your gloves to operate his phone.
The important thing is that he's protecting his hands not only for me but because he USES his hands in his job.
This is my big thing about Why Gloves! Can you imagine being without a hand or having a hand that is damaged?  I'm fairly certain you would cherish the one hand you had left!
So. . . I always say "Go Ahead start a new Glove Affair!

No comments:

Post a Comment